Futures & Options Workshop at Chennai ( March 04, 2018 ) — Review

The workshop at Chennai was a wonderful experience as the interaction by the participants was excellent. The session began with introductions and then we started with OPTION BUYING. How options can be traded profitably through BUYING was explained and demonstrated through a number of examples, both past and present. Selection of the stocks, strike prices […]

read more

Picking Stocks for Trading– Everyone Can Do It Right– Day 3

Let us review what happened yesterday. Market was very choppy. It made very sharp up and down moves throughout the day and finally settled lower. With NIFTY ending 34.5 points lower, the SELL picks should have done better. It did not happen. We had three stocks from Automobile Sector as SELL selections. All of them […]

read more

Picking Stocks for Trading– Everyone Can Do It Right– Day 2

NIFTY closed lower yesterday. I had picked 2 stocks for BUY and 5 for SELL. In such a strong downtrend, it was easy to be right on the SELL side but that was also not easy. The result of the BUY picks: RELIANCE and TECHM both ended higher than previous day. At some stage during […]

read more

Picking Stocks for Trading— Everyone Can Do It Right

One of the question a trader deals with all the time is how to pick a stock for TRADING. It is not about investing. It is about trading. We are in the trade for a short span of time, sometime as short as few minutes, maximum for a trading month i.e. up to expiry of […]

read more

Futures & Options Workshop at Mumbai on March 18, 2018

The journey started on January 21, 2018 at Bangalore. This blog also started on the same day. The response of participants has been great at Bangalore, Pune, Hyderabad and Delhi. Chandigarh response was not good as far as numbers are concerned but it was best with regard to inquisitiveness and eagerness to learn. Now is […]

read more

Books Every Trader Must Read

For me trading is defined in three simple phrases: Having a belief that trading can be profitable if done rightly. Knowing your trades and your market. Knowing yourself as a trader. Without the belief you will reach nowhere. When the climbers set out to conquer Mount Everest they know about the insurmountable odds against them. […]

read more

Venue for F&O Workshop at Chennai on March 04, 2018

On Tuesday ( Feb 13 ), I had posted about the venue for Delhi session and informed about the planned date for Chennai. As is normal, inquiries have started coming in about the venue. Well, the venue is finalized and here is the location: Chennai ( March 04, 2018, Sunday ) : Presidium Business Centre, […]

read more

Can Trading in Stock Market Be Profitable ?

It is said that 90% of the traders lose money. With this single statement, trading in stock market gets the negative connotations. Why we do not strive to be among the other 10% ? There are lawyers who struggle to earn Rs. 1000 per day and there are lawyers who make more than Rs. 1000000 […]

read more

Futures&Options Workshops at Delhi and Chennai on February 25 and March 04, 2018

Bangalore, Pune and Hyderabad are done. Every experience was unique and good and can be read in various posts on this blog. Now we move first to Delhi and then come back to Chennai.   New Delhi ( February 25, Sunday ) : Venue : IIJT Professional Training Centre 44A, 3rd Floor, Opp Pillar No. […]

read more

NIFTY Strategy for March 28, 2018 Expiry– Discussed in Hyderabad F&O Workshop

In the Question and Answer Session at the end of program at Hyderabad on February 11, it was suggested that we form a strategy for trading NIFTY for next month expiry from the live NSE data. It was explained how to work out the details. Some of the participants had asked for the presentation slides […]

read more
Pages 167 of 169